Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blast from the Past!

We are in the process of cleaning out our attic so we can build in a new floor and insulate it before the harsh cold winter arrives.  Great plan to save money & make it more organized up there....but 1 big problem...the attic is where I hide my stash...my stash of curbside collections and garage sale finds...Dave knows I bring stuff home he just didn't know quite how large of a "corner" {I use that term very loosely} my treasures had taken up in the attic!  YIKES!??! BUSTED big time....so it was time to get moving on some projects and get em outta here!

Remember waaaaaayyyyyy back to this dresser? Oh man it has been 1 1/2 years since I brought that home, I really do need to get my butt in gear!  Dave threatens to take my goods to the dump every weekend and thus far I have skated by without that happening but I think the clock is ticking!

Anyway, the lovely before shots!


 












Lets not forget that gorgeous carpet that was glued to the top!

AND drumroll please............

the After Shots!


 

 










I went with a deep red for the main color & metallic copper accents.  The hardware got a much needed spruce up with black & copper too!

No comments:

Post a Comment