Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thankful!

I am feeling very thankful and especially blessed over the last week.  I have been doing in home daycare for the past 2 years. While it has been a blessing that allowed me to bring in some money while staying at home with my youngest and be here to see my oldest off to school in the mornings, and greet her back in the afternoons its also been unreliable income and hard work. 

Playing with and caring for kids is great but 9 times out of 10 its someone else's child you are holding/consoling and not your own, you tend to help others first while your own children wait, toys get broken and things wear out much faster than normal.  Your patience for your own children is gone by the end of the day because you have exhausted it all dealing with a group of children.  I was trying to get an after school schedule lined up for September without much luck.  Worrying about income, bills increasing as the cold weather months approach and no plan was super stressful.  Last week I was on Craigslist to update my childcare posting and just decided to search our town for job postings.  I came across a posting for a local company needing a bookkeeper and office help part time with a flexible schedule.  I sent my resume off not really expecting to hear anything back.  Within 1 day I had an email response and after a few days of phone tag an interview was scheduled and things were moving FAST. 

I started that new job yesterday and while I have a lot to learn its amazing and I feel like I have landed my dream job.  A good paying part time position that still allows me time with my girls, working from home flexibility, creating my own schedule and its local!  Emmie will go to Aunt Connie's daycare on those 3 days I have to be in the office {which is more like a play date for her than being stuck in daycare!} and I will be out of work in time to pick Savannah up from school, this makes her over the moon happy!  Riding the bus is her least favorite part and she is always begging me to pick her up but I was rarely able to.  I wont have to rush out in the mornings, and I can be home to make dinner still!  I feel like I have hit the jackpot! 

Wish us luck as we start this new phase of our lives and cheers to things looking up!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like the perfect fit of a job! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete