Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bestest Banana Bread Ever {& easy too!}

This is my go-to recipe for banana bread...which we make often in our house...seems like there is a super short window when the bananas are in acceptable condition for my picky girls to eat...not too green, not brown AT ALL, not the slightest bit smooshy....in banana life that's about 1 hour I think!!!

Anyway....we made a loaf this morning {with chocolate chips!} and I thought I would share the recipe since everyone has brown bananas around from time to time! For those days you don't have the time to make bread, I  freeze the over ripe bananas so we can use them as we need them in smoothies, ice cream, and bread, etc.


Banana Bread

Preheat oven to 325

3 ripe/over ripe bananas (4 if small)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour (1c unbleached all purpose & ½c white wheat)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

In a large bowl melt butter in microwave then add bananas & mash with fork, stir in other ingredients. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes (or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean). That's it, easy peasy! We throw in some mini chocolate chips sometimes too {like in the picture above} and that's super delish, my girls will even choose it for dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment