Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sneaking in some healthier eating habits!

So I have been on a quest lately to get my girls & us for that matter to eat healthier..Emmie pretty much lives on mac&cheese alone with some fruits and other stuff thrown in occasionally but vegetables are a battle for both my girls! I got my hands on the book - Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld and have a huge grocery list for today!



Planning on making LOTS of fruit & veggie purees to stock my freezer with and start sneaking them into meals as often as I can!


Since its summer and I dont have to rush around in the mornings I plan on making this pancake mix recipe to have on hand that I found on one of my FAV cooking blogs:

http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/2010/06/oatmeal-pancake-mix.html


& this smoothie recipe from another of my FAV blogs to make different variations for bfast & snacks!

http://www.howdoesshe.com/popsicles-for-breakfast

Wish me luck and please share recipes or tips and tricks that you might have!! :)

1 comment:

  1. nicole,
    this is great that your starting a new journey of healthy eating. we switched over almost 4 years ago and it's been the best thing we've done. there is so much unhealthy eating going on nowadays. smoothies are great and a fun way to incorporate even veggies into them...spinach is a great one.
    one of my best pieces of advice is to steer away from as much processed foods & sugar as possible. don't use chemical substitutes either...not good for you!
    judi ;)

    ReplyDelete