Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Teacher Christmas gifts!!!!

Christmas this year we have been trying to really make a point of the giving part, not just the receiving with our girls! We started at Thanksgiving with the girls giving little gifts to their teachers and I really like homemade gifts & everyone seems to really appreciate the extra effort and thoughtfulness so after lots of searching online and looking at WAAAAYYYYY too many blogs I came up with hot cocoa mix & marshmallow candy cane stir sticks! So fun, we made 8 of these and it really was pretty easy & inexpensive! Savannah gave them to her bus driver, teacher, nurse, principal and front office ladies & Emerson will give them to her 2 preschool teachers tomorrow! Nice to be able to check something off my list with 3 more days till Christmas!!

First we made our cocoa, I used the recipe from here Hot Cocoa Mix but I added a bit more cocoa to the mix since we didn't think it was chocolatey enough ;) I used their cute little Snowman Soup poem too.

Printed free gift tags onto white cardstock from here Snowman Tags. Inside the tag was the poem & a little note to say Merry Christmas from the whichever girl.
I also made these super cute stir sticks from here Hot Cocoa Stirrers , I have to say that hers look WAY better than mine & I should have gone with the brand of markers she said because I just grabbed Wilton food markers @ Joanns and they didnt work well at all, even though they were fine tip :( I ended up writing "brrr" on one and drawing the cup of cocoa on the other because the markers were not easy to work with on squishy marshmallows!

Then I packaged them all together in pint size jars with super cute red/white checkered lids by Better Homes & Gardens I found @ Walmart. I used cute little treat bags for the stirrers & finished off with ribbon!!

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration! I found your blog awhile back and am hooked :) I love the ideas and projects you do and will probably copy a few of them at some point. (Don't "they" say copying is a form of flattery?) Nonetheless, keep up the great work :)

    SB in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. SB - you are too sweet! You made my day with your comment! Thank you for following & the flattery ;) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete