Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mason Jar turned Soap Dispenser.....

I have seen these ALL over blogland & loved the idea...I happened to have 3 wooden crates FULL of vintage mason jars in my attic waiting to turn into something AH-Mazing.......problem, not a 1 of them had the metal lids!?!? I have a huge stash of these & had to BUY one @ Bouckville for this project! Unbelievable...but I am happy with my purchase and even happier with the outcome!

We had this great nickel soap dispenser we kept when our old kitchen faucet was replaced so it was perfect to match the old lid! Hubby drilled a hole to fit the dispenser for me since I am practically forbidden to use power tools without EXTREME supervision ;)

Voila..........the before & after! It was IMPOSSIBLE to get good pictures of the beautiful shade of blue glass & I wanted to show you all how the words Perfect & Mason under BALL were off-centered..I loved that feature and that's why I chose this jar out of the 100's we saw at the antique show!
BEFORE

AFTER

1 comment:

  1. a perfect match...love the nickel dispenser & great that you held onto it!

    you could make a light fixture like pottery barn has with all the other mason jars.

    judi ;)

    ReplyDelete