Saturday, May 4, 2013

DIY Mercury glass!

So all over pinterest and blog land you can find ways to create your own version of old school mercury glass! I had to try it out, grabbed a can of Krylon looking glass spray paint & cruised over the tons of tutorials which are all pretty much the same! Put some water & white vinegar {equal parts} in a spray bottle, have spray paint on hand and go to town! I chose to spray the inside of my containers but I saw plenty of people who sprayed the outside too so I assume either way would work! Give a light coat of the spray paint and let dry for about 10 minutes, then spray with your water/vinegar mixture and let dry again for about 10 minutes. I did this cycle 4 times! The last coast I let sit for a good 30 minutes then took Saran Wrap and blotted around the inside to remove just a bit of the paint! I LOVE my results!!!!
 
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment